High school is one time in a student’s life after which their life changes forever. From being in a shielded environment surrounded by friends and teachers, life after high school demands young adults to take up real responsibilities and become independent.
From happy and fun times to a number of challenging situations, while it is true that a high schooler goes through many phases in a short span of time, yet, life after high school makes them miss this chapter the most.
A lot of people are often seen talking about how life just swiftly changes after the schooling period ends; hence, in this post, we have come up with quotes about life after high school to give you an idea of how drastically things will change for a student.
Quotes about life after schooling
While the high school phase in itself can be overwhelming, reality hits when this stage gets over, and students have to step into the real world. These quotes will help the students prepare and will motivate and encourage them to put their best foot forward in this new world that they will be exploring.
- Life is an improvisation. You have no idea what’s going to happen next, and you are mostly just making things up as you go along. – Stephen Colbert
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
- To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students, I say, you too can be president of the United States. – George W. Bush
- As a senior, you may be wondering what you want to do with your life after high school. College? Travel? Get a job? Options are limitless, but it will be good to have a plan. Use the high school senior quotes about life below to come up with ideas on what you want to make of yourself after high school. The person who doesn’t scatter the morning dew will not comb gray hairs. – Hunter S. Thompson
- I didn’t take the typical path and go to college after high school. Instead, I saved up money from teaching dance classes and moved to L.A. But my family was so supportive – I never felt pressure from them. It’s crucial to find a support system, even if it’s not your family. – Dianna Agron
- I became an electrician after high school. But I always had this thing in me to write. But it was always a little shameful. To say you were a poet was saying you were kind of crazy, and I carried that around for a long time. I still kind of carry that. And I think it might be true, actually. – Nick Flynn
- High school wasn’t a trial by fire or some ordeal that had to be survived. It was all a big joke. You just had to provide the laugh track. – Scott Westerfeld
- After high school, I was going to be an architect. In fact, I was studying to be an architect when the audition for ‘The Monkees’ came along. – Micky Dolenz
- One day middle school will end and become High school, and after that, it just becomes life. All those things you think are important now won’t be anymore. – Anonymous.
- If you want to be the best, you have to do things other people aren’t willing to do. – Michael Phelps
- Whatever you choose for a career path, remember the struggles along the way are only meant to shape you for your purpose.- Chadwick Boseman
- My dear terrified graduates, you are about to enter the most uncertain and thrilling period of your lives. – Lin-Manuel Miranda
- You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. – Tom Brokaw
- Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead. – Nora Ephron
- You are about to start the greatest improvisation of all. With no script. No idea what’s going to happen, often with people and places you have never seen before. And you are not in control. So say ‘yes.’ And if you’re lucky, you’ll find people who will say ‘yes’ back.” —Stephen Colbert
- Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.—Malcolm X
- You don’t go to university, so you can punch a clock. You go to university so you can be in a position to make a difference.—Janet Napolitano
- You must have some vision for your life. Even if you don’t know the plan, you have to have a direction in which you choose to go. —Oprah
- You cannot dream of becoming something you do not know about. You have to learn to dream big. Education exposes you to what the world has to offer, to the possibilities open to you. —Sonia Sotomayor
- Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible … Try to keep your mind open to possibilities and your mouth closed on matters that you don’t know about. Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘nevers.’ Continue to share your heart with people even if it’s been broken. —Amy Poehler
- Now go, and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break the rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. —Neil Gaiman
- Go make your big beautiful dent, and as you do so come down on the side of boldness. If you err, may it be for too much audacity and not too little. For you really are enough. You have untold strengths and resources inside. You have your glorious self. —Sue Monk Kidd
- Be the hardest working person you know. Because if you’re not, someone else will be. —Ian Brennan
- It’s your turn to choose and define what success means to you. Now, others will try to define it for you, but yours is the only voice that matters. — Octavia Spencer
- I am here to tell you that whatever you think your dream is now, it will probably change. And that’s okay. —Conan O’Brien
- Learn from every mistake because every experience, encounter, and particularly your mistakes are there to teach you and force you into being more who you are. And then figure out what is the next right move. And the key to life is to develop an internal moral, emotional G.P.S. that can tell you which way to go. —Oprah
- Don’t be afraid of fear. Because it sharpens you, it challenges you, it makes you stronger; and when you run away from fear, you also run away from the opportunity to be your best possible self.—Ed Helms
- You will stumble and fall, you will experience both disaster and triumph, sometimes in the same day. But it’s really important to remember that like a hangover, neither triumphs nor disasters last forever. —Helen Mirren
- As you graduate, as you deal with your excitement and your doubts today, I urge you to try and create the world you want to live in. Minister to the world in a way that can change it. Minister radically in a real, active, practical, get your hands dirty way. —Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered. —Michelle Obama
- Remember this: You are awesome. I’m not suggesting you be boastful. No one likes that in men or women. But I am suggesting that believing in yourself is the first necessary step to coming even close to achieving your potential. —Sheryl Sandberg
- Ignore the naysayers. Really the only option is: head down and focus on the job. —Chris Pine
- It was only high school after all, definitely one of the most bizarre periods in a person’s life. How anyone can come through that time well adjusted on any level is an absolute miracle. – E.A. Bucchianeri
- I’ve been waiting for this for so long. Something new, life after high school. – Nina LaCour
- Just imagine what would have happened if Michael Jordan quit after getting cut from his High School Basketball team? – JohnA Passaro
Everyone’s journey is different…
High school can be a different journey and experience for everyone. While someone might think that high school was the best phase of their life, some might be just waiting for it to get over and hop onto the adult life! But, one thing which is undeniable is that the end of high school brings about too much of a change in life. The quotes mentioned above would encourage and motivate students to make the right decisions and head ahead in life with a positive approach. They tell the young adults how they should be ready; after all, it’s not going to be easy, but so worth it!