Are you brainstorming for excellent qualitative research titles for your high school curriculum? If yes, then this blog is for you! Academic life throws a lot of thesis and qualitative research papers and essays at you. Although thesis and essays may not be much of a hassle. However, when it comes to your research paper title, you must ensure that it is qualitative, and not quantitative.
Qualitative research is primarily focused on obtaining data through case studies, artifacts, interviews, documentaries, and other first-hand observations. It focuses more on these natural settings rather than statistics and numbers. If you are finding it difficult to find a topic, then worry not because the high schooler has this blog post curated for you with 100 qualitative research titles that can help you get started!
Qualitative research prompts for high schoolers
Qualitative research papers are written by gathering and analyzing non-numerical data. Generally, teachers allot a list of topics that you can choose from. However, if you aren’t given the list, you need to search for a topic for yourself.
Qualitative research topics mostly deal with the happenings in society and nature. There are endless topics that you can choose from. We have curated a list of 100 qualitative research titles for you to choose from. Read on and pick the one that best aligns with your interests!
- Why is there a pressing need for wildlife conservation?
- Discuss the impacts of climate change on future generations.
- Discuss the impact of overpopulation on sustainable resources.
- Discuss the factors considered while establishing the first 10 engineering universities in the world.
- What is the contribution of AI to emotional intelligence? Explain.
- List out the effective methods to reduce the occurrences of fraud through cybercrimes.
- With case studies, discuss some of the greatest movements in history leading to independence.
- Discuss real-life scenarios of gender-based discrimination.
- Discuss disparities in income and opportunities in developing nations.
- How to deal with those dealing with ADHD?
- Describe how life was before the invention of the air conditioner.
- Explain the increasing applications of clinical psychology.
- What is psychology? Explain the career opportunities it brings forth for youngsters.
- Covid lockdown: Is homeschooling the new way to school children?
- What is the role of army dogs? How are they trained for the role?
- What is feminism to you? Mention a feminist and his/her contributions to making the world a better place for women.
- What is true leadership quality according to you? Explain with a case study of a famous personality you admire for their leadership skills.
- Is wearing a mask effective in preventing covid-19? Explain the other practices that can help one prevent covid-19.
- Explain how teachers play an important role in helping students with disabilities improve their learning.
- Is ‘E business’ taking over traditional methods of carrying out business?
- What are the implications of allowing high schoolers to use smartphones in classes?
- Does stress have an effect on human behavior?
- Explain the link between poverty and education.
- With case studies, explain the political instability in developing nations.
- Are ‘reality television shows’ scripted or do they showcase reality?
- Online vs Offline teaching: which method is more effective and how?
- Does there exist an underlying correlation between education and success? Explain with case studies.
- Explain the social stigma associated with menstruation.
- Are OTT entertainment platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime beneficial in any other way?
- Does being physically active help reverse type 2 diabetes?
- Does pop culture influence today’s youth and their behavior?
- ‘A friend in need is a friend in deed.’ Explain with case studies of famous personalities.
- Do books have greater importance in the lives of children from weaker economic backgrounds? Explain in detail.
- Give an overview of the rise of spoken arts.
- Explain the problem of food insecurity in developing nations.
- How related are Windows and Apple products?
- Explore the methods used in schools to promote cultural diversity.
- Has social media replaced the physical social engagement of children in society?
- Give an overview of allopathic medicine in treating mental disorders.
- Explain if and how willpower plays a role in overcoming difficulties in life.
- Are third-world countries seeing a decline in academic pursuit? Explain with real-life scenarios.
- Can animals predict earthquakes in advance? Explain which animals have this ability and how they do it.
- Discuss if the education system in America needs to improve. If yes, list out how this can be achieved.
- Discuss democracy as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.’
- Discuss the increasing rate of attention deficit disorder among children.
- Explain fun games that can help boost the morale of kids with dyslexia.
- Explain the causes of youth unemployment.
- Explain some of the ways you think might help in making differently-abled students feel inclusive in the mainstream.
- Explain in detail the challenges faced by students with special needs to feel included when it comes to accessibility to education.
- Discuss the inefficiency of the healthcare system brought about by the covid-19 pandemic.
- Does living in hostels instill better life skills among students than those who are brought up at home? Explain in detail.
- What is Advanced Traffic Management? Explain the success cases of countries that have deployed it.
- Elaborate on the ethnic and socioeconomic reasons leading to poor school attendance in third-world nations.
- Do preschoolers benefit from being read to by their parents? Discuss in detail.
- What is the significance of oral learning in classrooms?
- Does computer literacy promise a brighter future? Analyze.
- What people skills are enhanced in a high school classroom?
- Discuss in detail the education system in place of a developing nation. Highlight the measures you think are impressive and those that you think need a change.
- Apart from the drawbacks of UV rays on the human body, explain how it has proven to be beneficial in treating diseases.
- Discuss why or why not wearing school uniforms can make students feel included in the school environment.
- What are the effective ways that have been proven to mitigate child labor in society?
- Explain the contributions of arts and literature to the evolving world.
- How do healthcare organizations cope with patients living with transmissive medical conditions?
- Why do people with special abilities still face hardships when it comes to accessibility to healthcare and education?
- What are the prevailing signs of depression in small children?
- How to identify the occurrences and onset of autism in kids below three years of age?
- Explain how SWOT and PESTLE analysis is important for a business.
- Why is it necessary to include mental health education in the school curriculum?
- What is adult learning and does it have any proven benefits?
- What is the importance of having access to libraries in high school?
- Discuss the need for including research writing in school curriculums.
- Explain some of the greatest non-violent movements of ancient history.
- Explain the reasons why some of the species of wildlife are critically endangered today.
- How is the growing emission of co2 bringing an unprecedented change in the environment?
- What are the consequences of an increasing population in developing nations like India? Discuss in detail.
- Are remote tests as effective as in-class tests?
- Explain how sports play a vital role in schools.
- What do you understand about social activities in academic institutions? Explain how they pose as a necessity for students.
- Are there countries providing free healthcare? How are they faring in terms of their economy? Discuss in detail.
- State case studies of human lives lost due to racist laws present in society.
- Discuss the effect of COVID-19 vaccines in curbing the novel coronavirus.
- State what according to you is more effective: e-learning or classroom-based educational systems.
- What changes were brought into the e-commerce industry by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Name a personality regarded as a youth icon. Explain his or her contributions in detail.
- Discuss why more and more people are relying on freelancing as a prospective career.
- Does virtual learning imply lesser opportunities? What is your take?
- Curbing obesity through exercise: Analyze.
- Discuss the need and importance of health outreach programs.
- Discuss in detail how the upcoming generation of youngsters can do its bit and contribute to afforestation.
- Discuss the 2020 budget allocation of the United States.
- Discuss some of the historic ‘rags to riches’ stories.
- What according to you is the role of nurses in the healthcare industry?
- Will AI actually replace humans and eat up their jobs? Discuss your view and also explain the sector that will benefit the most from AI replacing humans.
- Is digital media taking over print media? Explain with case studies.
- Why is there an increasing number of senior citizens in the elderly homes?
- Are health insurances really beneficial?
- How important are soft skills? What role do they play in recruitment?
- Has the keto diet been effective in weight loss? Explain the merits and demerits.
- Is swimming a good physical activity to curb obesity?
- Is work from home as effective as work from office? Explain your take.
Tips to write excellent qualitative research papers
Now that you have scrolled through this section, we trust that you have picked up a topic for yourself from our list of 100 brilliant qualitative research titles for high school students. Deciding on a topic is the very first step. The next step is to figure out ways how you can ensure that your qualitative research paper can help you grab top scores.
Once you have decided on the title, you are halfway there. However, deciding on a topic signals the next step, which is the process of writing your qualitative paper. This poses a real challenge!
To help you with it, here are a few tips that will help you accumulate data irrespective of the topic you have chosen. Follow these four simple steps and you will be able to do justice to the topic you have chosen!
- Create an outline based on the topic. Jot down the sub-topics you would like to include.
- Refer to as many sources as you can – documentaries, books, news articles, case studies, interviews, etc. Make a note of the facts and phrases you would like to include in your research paper.
- Write the body. Start adding qualitative data.
- Re-read and revise your paper. Make it comprehensible. Check for plagiarism, and proofread your research paper. Try your best and leave no scope for mistakes.
Wrapping it up!
To wrap up, writing a qualitative research paper is almost the same as writing other research papers such as argumentative research papers, English research papers, Biology research papers, and more. Writing a paper on qualitative research titles promotes analytical and critical thinking skills among students. Moreover, it also helps improve data interpretation and writing ability, which are essential for students going ahead.
Having a 10+ years of experience in teaching little budding learners, I am now working as a soft skills and IELTS trainers. Having spent my share of time with high schoolers, I understand their fears about the future. At the same time, my experience has helped me foster plenty of strategies that can make their 4 years of high school blissful. Furthermore, I have worked intensely on helping these young adults bloom into successful adults by training them for their dream colleges. Through my blogs, I intend to help parents, educators and students in making these years joyful and prosperous.