The popular American author Sarah Cooper once said satire makes people learn something more than being lectured. While it can be the gospel truth, another undeniable fact is that satire might not be a cakewalk for many, especially when students do not choose the right topic. When students in high school are assigned Satire Essays to write about, they begin their search for a topic that can be interesting enough to be mocked and informative enough to be written about.
While most high schoolers look for hypocrisy and irony in their topics, a smart idea can also be to look into the flaws of the system and very subtly mock it, proving your point. Hence, if you are a high school and are on a quest to search for the ideal satire topics for your essay, read below to understand and get an idea about how and what to present in that essay.
Satire Essay Topics For High Schoolers
Usual essays can be super helpful for high schoolers, especially when they are written for scholarships. However, satire essay topics can be humorous and enlightening at the same time. When writing these kinds of essays, the students need to analyze the speech and many other factors carefully. However, the first crucial aspect of writing a satirical essay is choosing the right topic. Hence, here are 50 topics that students can choose from, as per their needs and liking.
- Why every music superstar should spend more money on flashy jewelry and car
- History is the lesson, not the teacher
- Was Alexander the Great genuinely great?
- Why storytelling is a boring thing
- Social class separation – The $30,000 dress and high-end designers
- No Need For A Best Friend When You Can Have A Pet
- Social Media Platforms Are The Better Option For Making Friends
- Reasons To Connect With Your Parents On Social Media
- Do rats sometimes find themselves in a “man race”?
- How a TV is the best babysitter for your toddler
- Child labor’s advantages- A satire on how children tailors benefit the fashion industry
- When money becomes a serious issue – Get the currency eliminated
- Curbing overpopulation
- How global warming benefits humanity
- People should use the ocean as their dumping site
- How police brutality benefits society
- Homelessness is not that bad
- Why Social Media Is Important In A Student’s Life
- Why The Upper Class Experience More Stress Than The Lower Class
- Can Comic Books Promote Certain Careers?
Topics related to School:
- How To Excel In School Without Studying
- Guidelines On How To Fail Your Exams
- How Mathematics Can Become Your Favorite Subject In School
- My Least Favorite Subject
- Should teachers also be wearing uniforms?
- Why Getting A College Education Is Not Important
- Why School Boards Should Get Abolished
- Reasons Why High School Proms Should Get Abolished
- High school bullying continues as office harassment
- Why school kids give the best advice about finance
- Annual Budget: What we should and should not spend more money on – A Satirical Take
- Revising the freedom of speech law – Let all say whatever they want to say
- Why North Korea needs press freedom
- Why do people believe their politicians?
- Why Russia is America’s best friend
- The best president in the history of America: Is it Donald Trump?
- Top 10 Reasons Why Brexit Is Good For Britain
- Exercising Your Rights To Vote In Fun Ways
- Ways Of Confronting Terrorists With Peace Messages
- Is the free press truly free anymore?
Medicine and Science Topics
- Why does almost everybody get a cold during the winter months?
- Why people should do away with minerals and vitamins
- Did the aliens build China’s Great Wall?
- The role of polythene bags in environmental pollution
- Simple solutions to soil erosion
- What will happen when oil will be more important than water
- Is The Cure For HIV/AIDS A Myth?
- Is music the cure for many diseases?
- Why Plastic Surgery Is A Good Idea If Your ID Got Stolen
- Why Moving To Space Should Be On Everyone’s Mind
How to write an exceptional satirical essay? Tips and tricks explored
Much like creative writing and essays, satirical essays can be fun and entertaining to write an essay that provides facts and is humorous at the same time, it is often stressful for the students, as they can find it overwhelming to share their thoughts with a spin of humor. At such times, the following tips and tricks can come in super handy:
- Choose a topic in which you have vast knowledge, as you might want to include some hilarious examples to prove your point.
- To create an essay that would be great, you would like to choose a topic you are passionate about as it will be encouraging for you to pour in your own thoughts on the paper.
- Think about angles that you can use to poke fun at the topic chosen. These should be elements that can be exaggerated and made fun of in the satire.
- The tone and language should be considered as per the audience. Hence, know your teachers and their interests well before crafting your satirical piece.
- Hyperbole can be your best friend in satire. This figurative language can help you add humor and over-exaggerate a fact to a point that it looks funny.
- Sarcasm can be super effective if you wish to entertain the readers by helping them build a picture in their minds.
High Schoolers should not forget that they should have the utmost fun while creating this assignment. While it might seem daunting at first, these are generally presentation topics can be rewarding and enlightening for the kids. It is often said that a human’s wit shows their intelligence level too. Hence, take your time and have some fun while creating the satirical essay. Nonetheless, writing a good satirical essay requires the use of vibrant humor blended with intelligence and a great vocabulary. Therefore, never fall short of these basic elements, and you will have a great essay presented in no time!