Our generation loves social media. A part of the obsession with the ongoing social media craze comes from all the varied content that snatches our attention. And among this conglomerate of different available content, the one type of content well-loved by everyone is quotes and statements. Sometimes these mundane pieces of thoughts out there on the media aptly speak our minds, and we love it for that.
For students in high school, a simple ten worded quote could sometimes encapsulate their whole emotion about their high school life. Therefore, whether you are trying to crack up a conversation with a new person or just randomly commenting upon a ridiculous thing happening in your school, having a funny quote in your store always helps dissipate the tension of high school. In some specific cases, these quotes could also become your only staple to survive high school as well.
Plus, the end of senior year ushers in the ultimate fate of graduation. And graduation is a big deal. And leaving behind an excellent graduation quote in the school yearbook is a much bigger deal. Therefore, in this post, we have curated a list of funny quotes to help you leave a lasting impression as your legacy.
Funny high school senior year quotes to crack you up
While quotes can be used in many ways; from being used in lunch times, to being quotes about after school, these words of wisdom could be a funny inside joke, a snippet from a favorite author, or a traditional message wishing everyone thanks and good luck. So, here are a few
- “It’s not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.” – Kevin Chang
- “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”— Michael Scott
- “Who needs a degree when you’re schoolin’ life?” — Beyoncé
- “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”— Steve Martin
- “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?”— Robin Williams
- “I’m actually not funny, I’m just really mean and people think I’m joking.”
- “I get butterflies when I think of myself.”
- “If you like water, you already like 72% of me.”
- “I’m a senior, but I stay fresh man.” – Martin Alvarado
- “I asked god for a bike, but I know god doesn’t work that way, so I stole a bike and asked god for forgiveness.”
- “Hannah Montana says nobody’s perfect, but here I am.”
- “This is nothing but a hive, and I am the one and only Queen Bee.” – Brian A Castle
- “I’m gonna go stand outside. If anyone asks, I’m outstanding.” – Taylor Bass
- “Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.” – Mitchel Wieland
- “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ”― W.C. Fields
- “Cheaters never win, but I just graduated.”
- “I love mankind … it’s people I can’t stand!!”― Charles M. Schulz
- “My computer screen is brighter than my future.”
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
- “What can I say about school? I laughed. I cried. It was fun.”
- “I don’t always graduate, but when I do, I barely graduate.”
- “They asked me to write something. So here it is: Something.”
- “If I’ve learned one thing in school it’s that these quotes are the only thing that matter.”
- “If I still look this good in 10 years, I’ll be happy.”
- “Can I please stay another year? – said no one.”
- “This quote is too important to screw up, so I’m playing it safe.”
- “Don’t follow your dreams, follow my Twitter: [insert Twitter handle].”
- “Never memorize something that you can look up.”― Albert Einstein
- “If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport.”
- “Remember…The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe…eat cake.”
- “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Doris M. Smith
- “A person with a sharp tongue will eventually cut themselves.” – J. Robson Koenig
- “The important thing to remember is not to forget.” – Benny Bellamacina
- “Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely.” – Erma Bombeck
- “The only reason I went to school all this time is to distract myself from the fact that I’ll never be Beyoncé.” – McKenzie Ward
- “When life shuts the door, open it back up. That’s how doors work.” – Diana Lopez
- “That wasn’t like High School Musical at all.” – Seth Egan
- “If we’ve laughed too hard, offended too many people—we’ve done it right“ – Alexis Bass
- “I’m sorry, did my shoulders distract you from reading this quote?“ – Victoria DiPaolo
- “It’s so hard being a single mom when you have no kids and are a male teenager.“ – Aaron
- “Sign on a high school bulletin board in Dallas: Free every Monday through Friday: knowledge. Bring your own containers.” – E.C. McKenzie
- “School means work and work means death. Let’s all go take a nap.” – Emma Shannon
- “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school.” – Peter De Vries
- “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools.”
- “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin
I am sure this list of quotes must have you rolling with laughter on the floor. If not that, at least it should have made up your day with a happy heart. Next in line, we will be covering how you can make the best use of these quotes.
Moving to adulthood with a few giggles: releasing stress with jokes
One sentence should fall short of encapsulating your entire high school experience, but it doesn’t. That’s why epic quotes never die. Instead, they are passed down from generation to generation. In fact, that one quote manages to capture everyone’s heart equally, and that’s the beauty of a short and simple quote.
We love quotes because of many reasons. Sometimes it resonates with our hidden inner emotions, sometimes, it makes us realize something we weren’t aware of, and sometimes it stirs us into action. Growing up is never easy; it demands a lot from us. Sometimes we give our best, and sometimes we fall short of doing our best. And in some queer situations, we still do not get the desired results even when we believe we gave our best.
Life is unpredictable, and the high school period is one such stage that increasingly makes you conscious of life’s unpredictable nature. We go through a lot in high school, and sometimes things feel hard, sometimes easy, sometimes energetic and happy, and sometimes tired and sad. We move from one thing to another, but we always manage to get by everything. In our lowest moments of despair, we seek help from an outside agent. For some, it could be a friend, a book, a hobby, or a simple quote.
A quote for high schoolers can do wonders when they genuinely move you. It can make you feel that life is easy, motivate you to work hard, and make you feel okay even when you are having a difficult time. Therefore, while reading a quote, don’t just skim through it casually. Take it seriously, let the meaning drown into your consciousness, and then look for ways this quote can positively impact you. You are what you believe in; this holds true for everyone. Therefore, look for positivity in everything, and be rewarded with more positivity.